There are two basic types of pressure washers- gas and electric. We want to focus on the electric ones here, as they are often better suited for a wider range of jobs. As many professionals caution, it’s safer to use the electric ones to wash cars and the sides of houses, where paint could be damaged by an overly powerful pressure washer.
We have provided an extensive guide for pressure washers here, particularly what to look for in a pressure washer and which ones are our tops picks on the market today. These are incredible tools that can cut your workload down considerably, but you need to choose the right one and not fall for marketing tricks or cheap, flimsy models.
- What to Consider Before You Buy an Electric Pressure Washer
- What to Avoid
- Product Reviews: Top 10 Best Rated Electric Pressure Washers
- Best Overall: Sun Joe SPX3000
- Best For the Money: Greenworks 1700
- Best electric pressure washer for Home Use: AR Blue Clean AR383
- Best electric pressure washer for cars: Snow Joe Sun Joe SPX3001
- Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure
- Briggs & Stratton 20667 Electric Pressure Washer
- Stanley SLP2050 2050 psi 2-in-1 Electric Pressure Washer
- PowRyte Elite 2100PSI 1.8GPM Electric Pressure Washer
- Power Pressure Washer 2300 PSI Electric
- Ivation Electric Pressure Washer 2200 PSI
What to Consider Before You Buy an Electric Pressure Washer
It’s important that you not rush into buying something as expensive as a pressure washer. You will probably want to use your pressure washer for all sorts of outside cleaning chores-washing your deck, spraying down your car, clearing the driveway and more. That’s why you’ll want it to be a tool that you can count on and that will work well even after extended use. Therefore, keep in mind the following factors:
- Extra features- Many electric pressure washers come with some features beyond just the basic kit. A soap tank takes some of the hassle away and lets you do the washing with a single container. If the nozzle is adjustable then you can work faster and more efficiently, compared to when you need to replace the nozzle each time you want to change the water flow. Check out the features before you buy, to ensure you are getting something that is convenient to use and worth the price.
- Cost- For many people, this will be the most important factor. You may have a budget already and be determined to stick to it when buying a pressure washer. Just be warned that the cheaper options will probably not last as long. While cost may be important to you, you need to consider other aspects of the washer you are considering buying.
- Durability- These pressure washing systems can cost well over $100, and that investment will only pay off for you if the product lasts for a while. You should look at details like the warranty, the reviews that people have written about how long theirs lasted and other key components that tell you how durable this product is. You don’t want to end up having to replace your pressure washer in a few months just because you got a flimsy model.
- Professional use- Even if you are using the pressure washer for home use, you still want to make sure you are getting something that will work well for you. Take time to look at the engine specs and any details related to performance. The best kind of pressure washers are labeled as professional duty and are ideal for a variety of jobs that conventional pressure washers can’t handle. You can get away with a cheaper, less efficient pressure washer, but you need to be prepared for it to not perform very well for those tougher jobs.
- Cleaning goals- The product’s description will generally tell you how it is meant to be used. You should know what your cleaning goals are- professional or residential- and then find a washer that fits those needs. You have a lot of options, as you will see when you look at our reviews. That means you need to be careful that you choose one that is right for you, and one of the best indicators for that is to look at the usage listed in the user manual.
What to Avoid
Now that you know what to keep in mind as you shop for a pressure washer, it’s time to look at the things you need to avoid when buying one of these. Here is our list of features to avoid when shopping for this item:
- Cheap Construction- Pay attention to the materials that the washer system is made out of. If it is just plastic or other cheap components, then it may not last very long. Remember that these machines house powerful motors that shake them around from the inside as they work to clean your property. If the shell is made of low-quality materials, then it is going to break down quickly and cause you to lose on your investment. Make the most of your money by choosing high quality materials. You will pay more for them, but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Low water dispensing speed- There isn’t necessarily an ideal speed of gallons per minute your pressure washer should be pumping out. Generally, you will need higher dispensing rates if you are doing industrial cleaning. If you are using a pressure washer that is too slow, then you will be wasting water, since it will take far longer to finish the work you want done. You will also have paid for a fairly ineffective machine, and you need to be careful about what kind of power and speed are provided. Look closely at the gallons per minute output before you buy.
- Gas washer- We are only covering electric washers here, since gas-powered ones are noisier and less efficient. Make sure you stick with the electric ones for greater value for your money (you never have to refill the gas tank) and for a quieter, more pleasant experience that is well suited to residential areas.
- No coverage- You are going to pay close to $100 or more for a pressure washer, depending on what kind of features it has. You’ll want to watch for pressure washers with a good warranty included. The standard length of the warranty for this kind of product is about a year, and that’s usually decent for what you end up paying for. Any washer without coverage or even a 30-day guarantee should be avoided. Check the product details for each item you are considering before buying, to find out more about its warranty and coverage.
- Wrong grade- You need to know what you are using the pressure washer for. You’ll find these products split into three categories. These are Consumer, Semi-Professional and Professional. If you buy the wrong one, you can end up with an almost useless pressure washer or end up paying too much to get a pressure washer that is far more powerful than what you need.
Product Reviews: Top 10 Best Rated Electric Pressure Washers
Now that you know what you should be watching for when you buy a pressure washer, it’s time to look at reviews for the best pressure washing systems out there. We picked these products due to their reasonable price, the value they provide for you and their effectiveness at washing property safely. We have provided a variety of washers here so that you get a good range to pick from.
You have a wide range of electric pressure washers to choose from here. There are others out there as well, if you don’t find something on our list that fits your needs or your budget. Once you find one that suits you, you will surely enjoy your new electric pressure washer, because extensive cleaning jobs can become a lot easier. We think you will love that it runs quietly, that it can be used almost anywhere and that it requires little maintenance over its lifetime. A high-quality electric pressure washer can benefit you tremendously, saving you time, money and effort as you clean your property.