When was the last time you thought about your washing machine hose? How would you know if it needs to be changed or repaired? Most people will wait until it breaks down rather than do a manual inspection to see if something must be done about it. By that point, though, you could have a leak that causes severe water damage and other problems for not just your washing room but your entire house. Water damage experts say you need to check for signs of leaking so if there is any water near the washer at all, that could indicate that you need to change the hose.
Look for cracking or other signs of wear in the hose every so often so that you know when it is time to get a new hose. You don’t want to end up with mess on the floor and a washer that won’t work properly just because you overlooked this crucial component.
- What to Consider Before You Buy a Washing Machine Hose
- Product Reviews: Top 5 Best Rated Washing Machine Hoses
- Kelaro- Premium Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hoses
- Washing Machine Drain Hose by Eligaga
- CompatibleBrands Washing machine hose
- Whirlpool 8212487RC
- Certified Appliance Accessories Braided Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hose
What to Consider Before You Buy a Washing Machine Hose
We don’t want you to pick just any washer hose though. You may find that the one you buy is not a good replacement for what you already have. It could even be worse than what comes with your washer. You should know that many washers come with low quality hoses, just so the manufacturers can save some money.
That’s why before you buy a new hose, be sure to keep a few things in mind that will help you to make the right choice:
- Space– Your hose needs to be able to fit into the area behind your washer. It should not be squished too tightly, otherwise it could be crushed and burst open. Look for hoses that have elbow joints. That way, it can fit snugly behind your washer in the confined space you have available without being damaged.
- Durability– The cheaper washer hoses will tend to be made from low quality materials. You don’t necessarily have to buy the toughest, most durable hose available, but you need to have something that is worth your investment. There are stainless steel hoses available if you want something that will last and stand up to an incredible amount of wear and tear.
- Check the Warranty– While you are looking at durability, consider how long the hose is guaranteed for. If there is only a 30-day guarantee, then don’t expect the hose to last much longer than that without having some problems. The longer the warranty or guarantee, the more reliable the hose probably is.
- Safety Features– Some hoses have a safety shutoff option. This enables the hose to stop the flow of water if it senses a massive change in pressure, which occurs when there is a leak or break in the hose. This is one of the most important features to look for if you want protection from leaks.
Product Reviews: Top 5 Best Rated Washing Machine Hoses
We would like to show you a few of the best washer hoses you can buy. Not all of these are at the same level of quality, but we wanted to give you a variety so that no matter what your budget is, you can find the hose you need that works well for you. We based our picks on what features the hoses come with, how durable they are and how much value they give.
Did you find something that caught your interest? We hope one of these hoses will work well for you and provide secure and long-lasting support for your washer. You do need to be careful about buying hoses that are not designed to fit all washers, and you want to make sure that you are buying a hose that is worth the money you put into it. Not all of them will be, so pay close attention to the warranty information and then read the customer reviews to find out how other people liked them.