When you first bought your RV, it came with a sewer hose, but did you know that this hose will probably need to be replaced before you take your RV out on a long road trip? Usually, the sewer hoses that come with RVs tend to be low quality items as a way to cut costs. You are better off with a different hose, just to be on the safe side. You wouldn’t want to be caught off guard, in the middle of your dream road trip, looking for a replacement for a hose, would you? That’s why we went out to bring you some of the best RV sewer hoses on the market. Don’t get these mixed up with any of the other hoses your RV comes with. Each hose has its own purpose, and they should never be used interchangeably.
What to Consider before You Buy
Not all RV sewer hoses are decent quality ones, and we want to point out a few things to you to keep in mind as you find the most suitable one for your needs:
- Don’t just consider the hose itself– Each hose has fittings that need to be of high enough quality to last you for a while as well. Make sure each part is built for the long term, because you don’t want any component of your RV sewer hose to fail on you while you are out on the road.
- Heavy duty is worth it- You should spend the extra money to get a heavy-duty sewer hose for your RV, if you can afford it. Those don’t cost much more than the regular sewer hoses, and they hold up far better, making them a good investment.
- Make sure it works for your RV– Not all sewer hoses are compatible with every RV, so check the compatibly to be sure. Most of them should fit on whatever RV you use, but you always want to take a moment to check this aspect of the hose, just to be on the safe side.
- Check the size- Your hose needs to be long enough to stretch from the faucet to wherever you have to connect it to, so measure the distance of your work area and find the most appropriate hose for your needs.
- Weigh between cost and durability- You may not have a lot of money to spend on an RV Sewer Hose, but you may also want a decent quality one that will be worth your investment and that lasts you for a while. It can be tough to balance those two factors, but if you read reviews thoroughly and find out how well some of these products may actually perform, you should be able to find one that meets your needs.
- Parts included– You might not get all the parts you need when you buy an RV hose. Hose caps and even connectors that fit your RV might not be part of the package, and you want to check what comes with the hose. We will try to let you know if any of the pertinent parts are not included in the hoses we are reviewing here.
Top 5 Best Rated RV Sewer Hoses Reviews
With that out of the way, let’s look at some of the best RV sewer hoses on the market today and help you make the right choice for your RV.
Camco RhinoFLEX 20ft RV Sewer Hose Kit
View On Amazon
This 20-foot sewer hose compresses easily to allow for more convenient storage. It’s made from fairly durable materials, and reinforced with steel wiring, so there should be little risk of leaks or other problems. It fits a variety of different sizes, ranging from 3-inch to 4-inch pipes.
It will not fold, but it does collapse, and it comes with very durable fittings that you can use on a new hose, if this one fails. It should be pointed out, however, that the sole weak spot on this hose is the coupling. It is a strong enough coupling, but it is only attached to the hose by glue, and in harsh weather conditions or extreme temperatures that glue can become unbound and leave you with a mess.
- Very easy to use and store
- Made from quality parts
- Coupling is not attached very well
View On Amazon
This one is a bit cheaper than the Camco hose we just covered, but it is also made of cheaper materials. It comes with an easy-to-connect adapter that allows it to fit to just about any dumping station. The hose itself is very durable and can withstand severe pressure and abuse. The coupling and fittings, on the other hand, are not as strong.
Most people won’t have any problem with them, but you do need to be wary when you are buying a hose like this that is cheaper than the average, as some of the parts can wear out or fail on you prematurely. This 15-foot hose’s standout feature is its ease of use and how simply it connects to everything.
- Simple to use and connect
- Very strong hose
- Fittings and connectors are not very high-quality
Valterra D04-0250 Dominator 15′ Sewer Hose Kit
View On Amazon
This 15-foot hose ranks near the top of the list by several experts and RV enthusiasts. It boasts very secure fittings that should not come off easily or give you problems and a clear view port for your convenience. It is also designed to be pretty much crush proof. It can stand up to some awful treatment and keep on working just fine.
It’s priced competitively compared to other high-quality hoses, like the Camco Rhino, and it is every bit as great a value as those high standard options. This Valterra hose is excellent at holding its shape, and it comes already assembled and ready for use. It weighs less than five pounds and has a smooth exterior, making it very convenient and pleasant to work with. It does not come with hose caps, but even buying those separately, you are still getting one of the best quality hoses on the market.
- Very high-quality product
- Secure components
- Easy to use
- Does not include hose caps
Camco 10ft RV Sewer Hose Kit with Pre-Attached Fittings
View On Amazon
This is a very simple sewer hose. It comes with all the parts you need already, and it is fully assembled, but don’t expect it to handle heavy duty workloads over extended periods of time. This is more of a decent hose that’s a quick fix or simply a good fit for people who are casual RVers.
If you want something for a long road trip that you know you can rely on for even the toughest sewage drainage, then you should be looking at another option, but this gets the job done fairly well. There is nothing to restrict flow in this hose, so you get a free-flowing sewage dump every time, and that decreases the risk of problems like blockage or leaks.
- Inexpensive hose
- Simple and effective
- Comes with all the parts you need
- Already assembled
Camco 39768 RhinoFLEX 3′ Tote Tank Sewer Hose Kit
View On Amazon
This 36-inch hose is compact and simple. It is made from the same materials as the more expensive hoses, but you pay less for this because of its size and its limited features. If you don’t need anything fancy, then this does the job well on a budget. It includes a translucent elbow, so you can see what’s going on and you can observe any blockage that could be causing you problems. It includes everything you need to start using it right away, including the storage caps.
This Camco hose weighs less than two pounds, so if space and weight are important to you, then this a great way to go. That also means that it won’t give you any trouble in attaching it or moving it around, so it is ideal for people who have trouble with the bigger, longer and heavier hoses.
- Cheapest high value RV sewer hose available
- Lightweight design
- Made from durable materials
- Includes all the parts you need
Now that you have seen our top picks, perhaps you can choose the best RV sewer hose for your needs. We hope our reviews and tips will help you to make an informed decision. Just be sure to factor in your needs when shopping around. You wouldn’t want to get a very expensive hose, if you are just a casual RV’er, or a cheap one for those dedicated RV heroes. Whichever the case, one of the products on this list will definitely work well for you.