- 1 Which Bosch cordless drill is the best?
- 2 Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 3 Bosch PS21-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 2-Speed Pocket Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 4 Bosch CLPK27-120 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 5 Bosch CLPK22-120 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 6 Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 7 Top 18V Cordless Drill/Driver Kits:
- 8 Bosch CLPK232A-181 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver / Impact Combo Kit (2.0 Ah Batteries)
- 9 Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2-Inch Compact Tough Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Contractor Bag
- 10 Bosch DDS181A-02 18V Compact Tough 1/2″ Drill/Driver Kit with SlimPack Batteries
- 11 Bosch DDB180-02 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Cordless Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 12 Bosch CLPK234-181 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit with 1/2-Inch Compact Tough Drill/Driver, Impact Driver, 2 High Capacity Batteries, Charger and Case
Which Bosch cordless drill is the best?
Well known for its major home appliances, Bosch actually manufactures some of the highest quality cordless power tools on the market. If you’re searching for a shiny new 12V or 18V cordless drill kit, these are definitely worth considering. Let’s take a look at the best 18V and 12V cordless drills that Bosch has to offer.
Top 12V Cordless Drill/Driver Kits:
Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
When it comes to compact 12V cordless drills, Bosch delivers some of the best in the industry. The PS31-2A is arguably the best 12V power drill in Bosch’s 12-volt lineup. It has two speed settings (0-350 RPM and 0-1,300 RPM), which makes it easy to control through any task. That’s enough power to do any sort of DIY or medium-duty projects like building furniture. If you have the proper drill bits, you can even drill through surfaces as tough as concrete. It’s also equipped with a LED light, a battery-level gauge, and a ⅜ inch ratcheting chuck to suit almost all applications. Currently, on Amazon, you can buy the drill with a battery, charger, and case for $90-$100, or add a drill bit set for an additional $15-$20.
- One of the most compact 12V drills on the market. Very easy to control for all kinds of users.
- With the right drill bit, it can drill through material as tough as concrete
- 2 speed settings for added control
- Battery gauge for easy battery management
- Not the ideal drill for longer heavy-duty jobs, as it is a 12V cordless drill after all.
Bosch PS21-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 2-Speed Pocket Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
Already have a reliable cordless drill and looking for a new compact cordless impact driver to go along with it? Look no further than this Bosch impact driver. This is one of the smallest 12V impact drivers out there, weighing in at only 1.8 lbs and measuring to 5.6 inches of head length. Like the 12 volt drill above, it has 2 speed settings (0 – 350 RPM and 0 – 1,300 RPM) and delivers up to 235 in-lbs of torque. The low RPM feature is ideal for driving screws and drilling through heavy-duty material, while the higher gear is great for faster and lighter drilling. What’s even more impressive is the 20 additional clutch settings. An impact driver can’t get much more versatile than that.
- One of the smallest 12V impact drivers on the market, making it easy to handle in even the tightest spaces
- 20 clutch settings for maximum control in any application
- Strong LED light
- Battery level gauge
- The chuck is only compatible with bits with a hexagon base
- Not the most powerful impact driver on the market, but definitely one of the most versatile
Bosch CLPK27-120 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
If you liked the pocket driver we just reviewed and want another great tool to add to it, take a look at this this 12V MAX 2 tool combo kit from Bosch. It comes with the PS21 12V pocket driver (which we just reviewed above this) and the PS31 12V cordless impact driver. We already covered the PS21, so let’s look at the PS41. This thing is a beast for a 12-volt power tool. It delivers up to 930 in-lbs of torque, which is hard to find in 12V impact driver. What’s even more amazing is that the drill has the same small, compact size of the impact driver. For $150-$170 on Amazon, you can buy the PS21 pocket driver and PS31 impact driver kit, with 2 lithium-ion batteries, 2 drill bits, a charger, and case. If you liked the PS21 reviewed at #2, why not add an incredible impact driver for another $50-$60?
- Great bang for your buck
- Cordless impact driver delivers up to 930 in-lbs of torque; enough for concrete with the right bit
- LED light and battery gauge
- Not ideal for heavy-duty all-day types of jobs
- Compatible with hex drill bits only
Bosch CLPK22-120 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit (Drill/Driver and Impact Driver) with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
At #3, we reviewed a great combo kit feature pocket driver and an impact driver. If you are looking for a 12V combo kit that has an impact driver and a cordless drill/driver for an even wider range of applications, check this one out. This tool kit features the same PS41 impact driver as in the package listed at #3, and the PS31 cordless drill at #1. So you’re getting an impact drive that delivers up to 930 in-lbs or torque and the 12V Max drill/driver with professional-grade power. The kit also comes with two 2.0Ah lithium ion batteries, a charger, and carrying bag for a price tag ranging from $120-$190 on Amazon (depending on seller).
- Great bang-for-your-buck 2-for-1 package
- Includes top-of-the-line 12V cordless drill/driver (reviews in #1)
- Impact driver delivers up to 930 in-lbs of torque (enough for concrete with the right bit)
- Batteries charge in 30 minutes
- These tools are not ideal for heavy-duty construction jobs
- Drill chuck on the cordless impact driver could be sturdier
Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
The PS41 Impact drill (included in the combo kits at #3 and #4) is on our list of top Bosch cordless drills and impact drivers because it is a great stand-alone impact driver if you’re not looking for a combo kit. As we mentioned, it’s one of the lightest impact drivers out there, and still delivers 930 in-lbs. of torque at 2,600 RPM. This is a lot of power considering it’s such a compact 12-volt tool. 930 in-lbs. of torque is enough to drive through steel and concrete, as long as you have the right bit. The chuck is surrounded by an LED light ring to illuminate dark work spaces. The tool is also equipped with a battery level gauge. The list price of the PS41 is $130, but can be purchased on Amazon for $70-$90. With the 2-tool combo kits going for around $120-$170, we think it’s best to get this impact driver in the combo kit.
- One of the lightest impact drivers on the market
- Strong LED light ring
- Battery gauge
- Enough torque for light-medium duty tasks with steel and fast concrete drilling
- Relatively cheap, but getting it in the combo kits like we listed in #3 and #4 is a better bang-for-your-buck
- Chuck is only compatible with hex bits
Top 18V Cordless Drill/Driver Kits:
Bosch CLPK232A-181 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver / Impact Combo Kit (2.0 Ah Batteries)
When it comes to 18-volt cordless drill tool kits, this one is very tough to beat. Available for only $130-$210 on Amazon (depending on seller and additional accessories), you get both a top-of-the-line 18V cordless drill/driver and an 18V cordless impact driver for the extra power. The cordless drill features a state-of-the-art canned motor that makes the tool more compact while delivering the same level of power. The drill has 2 speed settings (0-500 rpm and 0-1,700 rpm) for maximum control, making it ideal for both drilling and fastening applications.
The impact driver is one of the best in its class, delivering up to 1,500 in-lbs of professional-grade torque. It’s also equipped with a convenient quick-change chuck.
- Professional-grade power and run life in 2 great tools for a great price
- SlimPack batteries make for an even more compact cordless tool
- Drill has 2-speed settings for both drilling and driving applications
- Impact driver delivers enough torque to power through almost every surface
- Has some trouble with particularly small bits
Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2-Inch Compact Tough Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Contractor Bag
Don’t need the combo kit and just looking for a powerful, reliable cordless drill? Take a look at the DDB181. Like the drill in the above combo kit, this cordless drill/driver also has 2 speed settings for fastening and drilling. It delivers 350 in-lbs. of torque for driving and up to 1,300 RPM for faster drilling applications. It’s one of the most compact drills in its class, weighing on 3 lbs, which makes it easier to handle for a longer period of time. The tool kit is listed at $160, but can be purchased on Amazon for $75-$120 depending on the seller. The kit comes with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and a carrying bag.
- 2-speed settings for drilling and driving applications
- 20+1 clutch settings for additional control
- LED light
- Motor brake for precision driving applications
- No battery fuel gauge like other Bosch tools
- 1.5Ah batteries, which aren’t the most long-lasting. Most tools nowadays come with 2.0Ah batteries
Bosch DDS181A-02 18V Compact Tough 1/2″ Drill/Driver Kit with SlimPack Batteries
This is the 18V power drill/driver that comes in the combo kit listed at #1 of our 18V Bosch cordless drill sets. As we mentioned, it’s equipped with 2-speed settings ((0-500 rpm and 0-1,700 rpm)) for both driving and fastening applications, perfect for construction workers and other professionals who do both all day, every day. It has a 4-pole brushless motor that makes it powerful and long lasting and quick-change chuck for easy one-handed bit changing. It’s also very compact for an 18V cordless drill, weighing in just under 3 lbs. The compact size, LED light, quick-change chuck, and total control speed settings make this cordless drill one of the most comfortable in any work environment. It is a bit pricey on its own though, with a tool kit priced at $150-$180 on Amazon that includes 2 SlimPack batteries, a charger, and a carrying bag.
- One of the most compact in its class
- Strong LED light
- 4-pole brushless motor delivers power and long run life
- On the pricey end of the spectrum, considering you can get the drill in the combo kit (listed at #1) for around the same price
Bosch DDB180-02 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Cordless Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
This is another great 18-volt cordless drill in Bosch’s lineup. Like other Bosch drills, it’s very compact, weighing only 3 lbs. and measuring to 7.6” head length. It has 2-speed settings (0-400 and 0-1,300 RPM) and up to 400 in-lbs. of torque. The high speed is ideal for small diameter bits and the high torque for larger bits. It’s also equipped with a strong LED light and a keyless chuck with auto-lock for easy bit changing on the job. You can find this cordless drill on Amazon with 2 batteries, a charger, and carrying case for $150-$200 depending on the seller.
- Super light-weight, so anyone can work with it without fatigue
- Keyless auto-lock chuck for easy bit changing
- 2-speed settings for fastening and driving
- Works with both SlimPak and FatPak batteries with a charger that charges in 45 minutes
- Not the strongest drill on the market for its price
- LED light can be more optimally placed on the drill
Bosch CLPK234-181 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit with 1/2-Inch Compact Tough Drill/Driver, Impact Driver, 2 High Capacity Batteries, Charger and Case
This 2 tool 18V cordless drill and impact driver kit comes with the DDS181 drill we reviewed at #3 on the 18V list and the IDS181 Bosch impact driver. We gave an in-depth review of the DDS181, so let’s break down the impact driver. Like with many Bosch tools, it’s one of the smallest impact drivers in it’s class, weighing around 2.5 lbs. At 5.4” head length. It can deliver up to around 1,300 in-lbs of torque, which is definitely ideal for any light to medium duty jobs. You can also rest assured that this tool will last you, as it’s equipped with “Electronic Cell Protection”, which increases the driver’s lifetime by keeping the batteries from getting worn out by misuse. You can buy it on Amazon between $160 to $220. The kit comes with 2 1.5Ah lithium-ion batteries, charger, case, the 18V cordless drill, and the 18V cordless impact driver. Cosidering that the DDS drill on its own goes for around $150-$180, this is a no brainer purchase if you are interested in either of these tools.
- Bang-for-your-buck, particularly if you were interested in buying either of these tools on their own
- One of the most lightweight 18V drills and drivers in their class
- Electronic Cell Protection technology keeps tools running long
- Not the most powerful 18V cordless drill/driver out there, so it may have trouble performing heavier-duty tasks.